Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes...


This afternoon we had a little interview with the preschool we want to put Lacee in next year. Everything went great and I think I will really enjoy her being there. Well towards the end one of the ladies told Lacee she had a few more questions she wanted to ask her and that she ask all the kids these questions. Have you ever ran away from home?, Have you ever been in a police car?, Have you ever smoked a cigarette?, Have you ever drank alcohol? (I know Jess.......Yeah!!) She answered no to all of them except the alcohol one! YIKES!!! I asked her what she drank and she acted all shy and wouldn't speak. Praise the Lord! All I could think about were the times I've let her take a sip of my Margarita. I know, I know that's bad but I thought it would stop her from asking?! Maybe it's time I stop having a special mommy drink when she's around?! So this moment will be a memory I'm sure we will remember for a long time. Especially if she doesn't get accepted?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! Those are mighty deep questions for a 4 year old!

And those special mommy drinks.....well....with my 10-year old there is no pulling the wool over his eyes, so I have to gauge those times! But it's funny 'cause his best friend just over the weekend told me that his dad keeps tons of pop & beer in his fridge in the garage, and he had this matter of fact face like it was no big deal. I laughed my head off!

Meghan said...

I can't tell you how many times I watched Ricky suffering the pain and discomfort that was the "norm" for his life, and was SOOOO tempted to drop a little of my tasty beverage down his G-tube!! :) Hey - nothing else worked! Might as well help him get comfortable!! :) Poor guy deserved it - but I never brought myself to do it. Oh well. :)

Tina said...

I really like reading your blog. I check in daily to see how things are going and get a dose of life with kids. I miss when mine were that age (now 22 and 19) I'm a young empty nester. I'm adding your link to my blog. I know my friends will enjoy reading yours as much as I do. Have a Blessed day!