Monday, June 11, 2007

Our BEFORE & AFTER shots...







I know I need to post more! I have a hard time thinking about something good to write about. Like it has to be this really great thing....



Our second house:

So we bought this house a few years ago and it was bad! We had my mother-in law help us with some plans and came up with a new design. She is great at that kind of thing. The layout and all. Not to put the kids room under the garage cause the door will wake them. I would have never thought of that. Anyway, Josh wanted to move out to the country and I wasn't ready. (I should always listen to my husband because I've been ready for about a year now.) Anyhow we found this 1/2 acre lot in town and close to my parents so we settled. We lived in it for about 6 months before we started the major remodeling. I was pregnant and Josh promised me he would get it done before Lacee arrived. Well when Lacee was 6 months old we moved back to the house. It was far from finished but livable and our own. Living with my parents for 9 months was great but not my idea of being a grown-up. And I was ready to be married to Josh again. He went to work and then came to the house and worked till midnight every day for the entire 9 months. We never saw eachother and he never saw Lacee either. It was awful to me. There are still lots to be completed ( master shower needs tile, family room entertainment unit needs to be finished, dining room built in cabinets need to be finished, okay I have to stop because the thought of it all makes me crazy. You know the contractors house is never done?! We started a two story shop in the back too. That should be done in a few more weeks and then what I've been waiting for will happen, new paint!! I hate the color we picked the first time and have my new color named JAWS waiting to put up and white for all the trim and porch posts. Hope you enjoy! I post some inside pics next.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I didn't realize how different it looks. I never saw the "before" pictures! It looks awesome now, and what a patient and loving wife you have been during the entire journey. I love you, (thanks for hanging out with me last night, you're the BEST!!)

Meghan said...

You guys have done TONS of work! It looks SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful!!! I love the color, the landscaping, everything! I'd love to see the inside! I do have some before pics of the outside of my house when we bought it....maybe I should dig those out too and get in on the before & after pics!

You certainly are a patient & supportive person!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah....and your comment about posting having to be "this really great thing..." IT DOESN'T! If you read back over some of mine, they are some of the most pointless posts!! I just love to write 'cause it's so therapeutic and I go in circles and from subject to subject and then in all of then, I end up making sense out of something. That doesn't even make sense....but do you know what I mean anyway?! Just post whatever is on your mind....interested readers want to read!! :)