Thursday, July 26, 2007

Don't they look sweet!





Oh my what a day! Underneath these beautiful smiles and high spirited little bodies there are some scary little children. I know that sounds harsh but it was one of those days. Hitting, pushing, crying, and few ugly words were all accomplished today. If I hear my self say no or I'm getting the spoon anymore today I may lose it. I realized today that I am saying those words to much and not always following through with it. This afternoon the kids got a quick dose of reality. I am hoping they will realize mommy means business now. I don't want disrespectful children who are no fun to be around. I want joyous respectful children that everyone enjoys! Don't we all.... This evening at dinner we had a special time of prayer about attitudes and actions that make Jesus happy! I hope for a better tomorrow!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Thanks Christy,

You have inspired me to get serious with the disciplining of Jackie the Jack Russell. You and Jess might be on to something with this whole spoon thing...

Tina said...

I remember wishing and saying "please let the threat of the spoon work, so I really don't have to use it" But sometimes it just had to go that far.