Friday, January 4, 2008

Something I desire...


I love my little family and want to be a blessing to other peoples families. I really hope to entertain more this year. I believe I have a slight case of OCD when it comes to this. I have great intentions of entertaining but never get around to doing it. I worry the person I ask will say yes to be nice, I worry about cooking the perfect meal & I worry about feeling intimated by others in our home. When we get to enjoy other families homes it warms my heart. We build deeper relationships that make our lives feel fuller. I have fallen into a pit and I think a way out is for me to use what I think I have as a gift to share with others. So now that it's written for the world to read maybe I will be more bold to open our home to others and not feel the urge to have it be PERFECT!

post signature

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh wow! I know just how you feel. I stress over get togethers, but long to have them at the same time. Oh dilemma. I guess you are on the hook now since you've voiced this desire. (or blogged it anyway)

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!

I'm so glad to see you blogging again! I missed ya!

I feel the same way about the whole entertaining thing. I love the idea of having people over and creating the perfect atmosphere for a lifetime of memories with the perfect sites and smells! Then reality hits!!!

One good thing living here at the Mission is that my home is ALWAYS open to people, whether I like it or not, so I'm constantly entertaining. I do love it because I love creating a place of welcome & comfort to others, even if they are smelly teenage boys!!! I really love when the staff come around to visit.....it's a nice change!